All fashion retailers know that at the end of the day, it’s all about sales. That’s why it’s important to use specific fashion and beauty copywriting secrets to getting the sale.
Here, you’re going to learn the specifics of fashion copywriting.
You’re going to learn how to get the sale and increase conversion.
1. Use emotions in your product descriptions
The major reason products are ignored is because they lack the human touch.
Customers want an emotional connection.
therefore, if you want to learn how to use emotions in your copy, check out the article on emotional copywriting.
2. Write like you’re talking to your ideal customer
In copywriting, you never write as if you’re talking to a crowd.
You write as if you’re talking to one person. Your customer… one-on-one.
Therefore, it’s important you know who your ideal customer is and talk directly to that person.
Your customers will read the product descriptions that affect them personally.
3. Keep product title short
Your title should tell your customers what the product is in a simple way.
Use simple words that your target customer will understand.
Avoid using jargon in the product name, if possible.
But, you can use fashion lingo that people interested in fashion will understand.
4. Use more benefits
Although product specifications are important, your prospects are more interested in what the product will do for them.
That’s why when writing your product descriptions, use benefits to entice your prospects.
Your prospect wants to know what’s in it for them.
They want to know how the product will solve their problems and how it will make them feel.
5. Infuse brand personality
Mind the tone of your writing voice as you mesmerize your customers with vivid product descriptions.
Always ensure to add the personality of your brand when writing product descriptions.
What is the personality of your brand?
Let all your marketing message portray that.
6. Make your product description easy to read
This means using bullets.
Most people don’t read every word of a website’s copy.
Therefore, you should make your copy easy to read and scannable.
- Include headings in your descriptions.
- Ensure there’s a lot of white space.
- Use a font size that easy to read.
7. Use awesome adjectives to describe the product
Adjectives are used to create colorful phrases.
Even though your customers cannot touch and feel the product when reading it, adjectives can make them imagine the product.
Use the right adjectives to mention how the clothing or accessory looks and feels.
These adjectives can help seal the deal for you.
Below is a list of common adjectives used by fashion copywriters:
- Ageless beauty
- Boho chic
- Chic (it means ‘fashionable’, ‘stylish,’ but it sounds better because it’s a French word!)
- Classics (always fashionable/stylish)
- Country chic
- Escuela de Calor
- Fabulous at every age
- Face to face
- Fashion fix
- Fave (Informal, slang, short for ‘favorite’)
- Femme fatale
- Flower party
- From Paris/Russia with love
- Iconic (famous, memorable, representing a certain time and place)
- It girl
- Jet set
- Key pieces
- L’enfant terrible
- License to (…)
- Lo último
- Made in (…)
- Material girl
- Mix & Match
- Most wanted
- Perfect match
- Power dressing
- Risky business
- Smart shopping
- Sport chic
- star is born
- Techno fashion
- The …… of the moment
- The new Audrey Hepburn
- The new black
- The next Brigitte Bardot
- The next Marilyn Monroe
- The show must go on
- Timeless (something that’s beautiful irrespective of age and current trends)
- Très belle
- Très chic
- Uptown girl
- Work the (+ a trend)
- Working girl
- Zoom etc
8. Keep abreast of trends
Keep up with the latest fashion trends if you want to appear to your customers as in-vogue.
This is another fashion copywriting tip you should take note of.
This will help you tie your products with new trends and discoveries in the industry.
So, it’s important that you and your fashion copywriters should always keep reading and researching the latest trends and news in the industry.
9. Ensure your copy has these 4 Cs
- Clear: Does your description clearly communicate the product to your readers without ambiguity?
- Captivating: Do the words captivate the reader?
- Concise: Are the words enough to communicate the intended message and emotion?
- Complete: Is the description enough to communicate what the product image can’t show you?
Having these 4 elements in your product description will make it sound complete.
So, ask yourself these questions after writing your fashion copy.
Is it clear, concise, captivating, and complete?
If it isn’t, re-write the description.
10. Don’t make product specifications too technical
Technical specifications are an important part of your product page.
They don’t only help the customer make informed buying decisions, they also help get your brand out there in the search engines when the customer enters technical and specific search queries about the product.
But, it’s important that you place benefits before features on the list of importance.
That’s why you should twist the product specifications into benefits that are easy for the customer to read.
Use the 10 fashion and beauty copywriting tips to write your product descriptions in a way that’ll get your customer giving you more money.
- But ensure that your description is filled with emotional benefits that will help the reader.
- Ensure that it’s well-spaced to make reading easier for the customer.
- make sure you have a bulleted list also.
- Finally, include descriptive adjectives to entice and seduce the reader.
Use these simple copywriting tips for fashion and beauty retailers and copywriters, and watch your sales soar.