If you’re wondering where you could find your potential copywriting clients, I have made it a little bit easier for you.
Below is a step-by-step process I use to get copywriting clients.
Do the same.
There are many places you can get your copywriting clients from. Here is a list:
- Inc. 500
- Fortune 500
All you have to do is learn how to find the clients you want to work with on these platforms.
Here is a step by step way to find copywriting clients on social media:
- Go on any of these social media sites (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram)
- Search for the copywriting client you want (Business Coach, Financial companies, Fintech companies, Fitness, Health, etc)
- Find their website (They should have a website if not, there’s no need to contact them and they probably don’t know what copywriting is and won’t appreciate the value you bring to them)
- Find the decision-maker of the company (CEO, founder, co-founder). Note the name.
- Go to hunter.io and type in the company’s URL, click search. You will see a bunch of emails. Note the email of the decision-maker in the company. It’s usually just beside the email address. Save the contact.
- Send an email to the prospect offering value to the company and telling them about your services.
Note that it is important you offer some sort of value to the company.
Don’t send them an email telling them what you do.
Offer valuable information that will help their company and let them know that if they want what you just told them, they should email you back.
How to get copywriting clients using the Inc. 5000 and Fortune 500 lists:
- Go on Google and search for the Inc. 5000 and Fortune 500 list.
- Download the list of companies.
- Find their website address online
- The repeat from numbers 4-6 above.
Don’t forget to follow up because some of these people are pretty busy so it’s possible they didn’t see your email.
How often should you follow up?
Well, many people have different ideologies here.
But here’s where I come at;
Follow up as much as you want, giving a 2-3 days gap.
Do this until you get a definite reply.
Maku Seun is a freelance copywriter and Direct Response Marketer. He helps digital marketers, coaches, and course creators boost sales by writing compelling sales letters for their products and services. If you’d him to write a sales letter for your business, click here.